321B Osmond Lab
University Park, PA 16802
Kyoto University (Ph.D, Physics), 2010
Kyoto University (M.S., Physics), 2007
The University of Tokyo (B.S., Physics), 2005
Full list of publications on INSPIRE-HEP; List of theory publications on ADS; Collaboration papers
- K. Murase, P. Meszaros, and D. B. Fox, "Fast Radio Bursts with Extended Gamma-Ray Emission?", Astrophys. J, 836, L6 (2017).
- K. Murase, K. Kashiyama, and P. Meszaros, "A burst in a wind bubble and the impact on baryonic ejecta: high-energy gamma-ray flashes and afterglows from fast radio bursts and pulsar-driven supernova remnants", Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc., 461, 1498 (2016).
- K. Murase, K. Kashiyama, P. Meszaros, I. Shoemaker, and N. Senno, "Ultrafast Outflows from Black Hole Mergers with a Minidisk", Astrophys. J, 822, L9 (2016).
- K. Murase, D. Guetta, and M. Ahlers, "Hidden Cosmic-Ray Accelerators as an Origin of TeV-PeV Cosmic Neutrinos", Phys. Rev. Lett., 116, 071101 (2016).
See our press release
- K. Murase, K. Kashiyama, K. Kiuchi, and I. Bartos, "Gammy-Ray and Hard X-Ray Emission from Pulsar-aided Supernovae as a Probe of Particle Acceleration in Embryonic Pulsar Wind Nebulae", Astrophys. J., 805, 82 (2015).
- M. Bustamante, P. Baerwald, K. Murase, and W. Walter, "Neutrino and cosmic-ray emission from
multiple internal shocks in gamma-ray bursts", Nature Communications, 6, 6783 (2015).
See our press release
- K. Murase, T. A. Thompson, and E. O. Ofek, "Probing cosmic ray ion acceleration with radio-submm and gamma-ray emission from interaction-powered supernovae", Mon. Not. R. Aston. Soc., 440, 2528 (2014).
- K. Kashiyama, K. Murase, and P. Meszaros, "Neutron-Proton-Converter Acceleration Mechanism at Subphotospheres of Relativistic Outflows", Phys. Rev. Lett., 111, 131103 (2013).
- K. Murase, K. Kashiyama, and P. Meszaros, "Subphotospheric Neutrinos from Gamma-Ray Bursts: The Role of Neutrons", Phys. Rev. Lett., 111, 131102 (2013).
- K. Murase and K. Ioka, "TeV-PeV Neutrinos from Low-Power Gamma-Ray Burst Jets inside Stars", Phys. Rev. Lett., 111, 121102 (2013).
- K. Murase, C. D. Dermer, H. Takami, and G. Migliori, "Blazars as Ultra-high-energy Cosmic-ray Sources: Implications for TeV Gamma-Ray Observations", Astrophys. J, 749, 63 (2012).
- K. Murase, "High-energy Emission Induced by Ultra-high-energy Photons as a Probe of Ultra-high-energy Cosmic-Ray Accelerators Embedded in the Cosmic Web", Astrophys. J., 745, L16 (2012).
- High-Energy Astrophysics (multi-messenger study of extreme astrophysical objects)
- Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (neutrinos, gamma rays, cosmic rays and dark matter)
Honors and Awards
2017 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, 2017-
2015 Incentive Award of Cosmic Ray Physics from CRC Japan, 2016
2015 Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan, 2016
2014 Young Scientist Award of the Astronomical Society of Japan, 2015
2012 Hubble Fellowship, 2012-2014 (Member of Institute for Advanced Study, 2012-2015)